The invitation...

I definitely didn't intend to do any more writing before Christmas. It wasn't even in my thoughts! But tonight I was sitting here working on a project, and came across an old song that I love. And it really spoke to my heart. I wanted to share it with you.
Yesterday in my letter to Brynne, I referenced something that has kind of become a tradition of sorts in my family. And that is to ask God to show you something new about Himself during the holiday season....not just the same old, same old. I've been thinking some about His love for me this year as it pertains to being a mother, but I've also been struggling a little. This season of my life has been a bit of a dry spell in my relationship with God. Suffice to say that full time ministry and mama-hood can be tough, and it has been hard for both Aaron and I to find places to get "filled up"--a hazard of the kind of ministry we're doing. My heart has been reaching out to find God in a new way, but like a plant that hasn't been watered well, there are parts of me that have been wilting. And I've noticed it. We are right on the verge of a new season in our lives. I know that too. But has anyone else noticed that the transition of seasons isn't the easiest place to live?
So I've been think/talking to God a lot recently, with part of my heart crying, "I need to find you!" as I've been going about my days. Seems like a lot of days.
And as I'm sitting here tired...at the end of another day, looking through my large itunes library in search of something...and I come across an old song. "hmm...I remember this song. I liked it alot." So I play it. And all of a sudden, after all those days of pondering, after all those cries in my heart, there He is. He's still speaking. And in the perfect season too. Christmas season. The season of His "invitation". It all started here. I can't tell you what the rain feels like to my dry roots, but I am so thankful He found me. Correction: He finds me.

You can listen to the song by Steven Curtis Chapman here:
http://www.last.fm/music/Steven+Curtis+Chapman/_/The+Invitation
(at the top of the page on the right is the song...I didn't even watch the video at the bottom--I wish I was more tech-saavy so I could just put the song here!)

I hope you hear the invitation too. THIS...Christmas, this season, this moment....is your invitation.
Merry Christmas!

Comments

What a great, great song.

I'll be praying for you in this season.

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months