A short one...
Does anyone else start to feel anxiety if they go too long without blogging?? "Oh no....it's been over a week....there must be SOMETHING I can write about....." :)
I know. It's weird.
Anyway, life at the Young household is running along....not exactly smoothly yet, but we'll get there. We're still waiting on the kitchen flooring and the last piece of the financial information we need. And also for God to speak clearly. Can't forget that :)
In the meantime, I thought that I'd just post a cute story from our week. Brynne's been exploding with imitation this week. Although she's been imitating somewhat for awhile now, suddenly it seems like everything I say, she says. I feel I should mention that I am in love with this phase so far. It is so much fun! So anyway....the story. We've been going on daily walks around the neighborhood (or mostly a couple-of-times-daily walks...she loves to be outside). She has always had a little fear of cars/loud noises....not all the time, and not every car. But when she was younger, if a very loud truck came by, or even the mail carrier, she would get nervous. (Now she LOVES the mail-lady, and runs around the house yelling, "man! man!" whenever she comes by. Not sure about that one :)
And I digress.
Anyway, sometimes cars will pass us on the road and Brynne won't even notice, or doesn't care. Sometimes one will come by and she'll get nervous and try to climb my leg. So for awhile now, I've been saying "It's ok, baby. I've got you. You're safe" to her when this happens. THIS week as we've been walking, several times a car has come by, and Brynne has grabbed my leg and then SELF-talked herself out of it. "S'ok. Safe. You safe".
And then mommy goes to pieces on the sidewalk. Because she's so cute, that's why.
In fact, the last two days, she's even added "scue me, cars. Scue me(excuse me) " into the mix.
I love this baby girl.
I know. It's weird.
Anyway, life at the Young household is running along....not exactly smoothly yet, but we'll get there. We're still waiting on the kitchen flooring and the last piece of the financial information we need. And also for God to speak clearly. Can't forget that :)
In the meantime, I thought that I'd just post a cute story from our week. Brynne's been exploding with imitation this week. Although she's been imitating somewhat for awhile now, suddenly it seems like everything I say, she says. I feel I should mention that I am in love with this phase so far. It is so much fun! So anyway....the story. We've been going on daily walks around the neighborhood (or mostly a couple-of-times-daily walks...she loves to be outside). She has always had a little fear of cars/loud noises....not all the time, and not every car. But when she was younger, if a very loud truck came by, or even the mail carrier, she would get nervous. (Now she LOVES the mail-lady, and runs around the house yelling, "man! man!" whenever she comes by. Not sure about that one :)
And I digress.
Anyway, sometimes cars will pass us on the road and Brynne won't even notice, or doesn't care. Sometimes one will come by and she'll get nervous and try to climb my leg. So for awhile now, I've been saying "It's ok, baby. I've got you. You're safe" to her when this happens. THIS week as we've been walking, several times a car has come by, and Brynne has grabbed my leg and then SELF-talked herself out of it. "S'ok. Safe. You safe".
And then mommy goes to pieces on the sidewalk. Because she's so cute, that's why.
In fact, the last two days, she's even added "scue me, cars. Scue me(excuse me) " into the mix.
I love this baby girl.
Comments
Brynne sounds so cute! I love the imitation phase, it's very adorable.
I agree, Brynne and Caleb would make some pair. :)