The part of the show where you bang your head against the wall and then eat some ice cream :)

Well, friends, things have been a little...something around here. Ok, a lot something. I don't exactly have the right word to explain exactly what that something is, though. And I can't say I have anything to say about our plans except....we don't have any. We DO know that we're moving in July, so I guess that's going to be enough for us at the moment. We're still trusting, and we're still encouraged that whatever He's doing, it's something good....

In the meantime, our girl has been busy. She is coming up with such funny stuff recently! First of all, she started calling me by my first name at the dinner table last week. I thought it was sort of a fluke, and explained "yes, that's my name, but you get to call me mommy (and then daddy...she called him by his first name too :). She seemed to accept that, but then THIS week, there have been several times where Aaron has been gone, and she's asked, "Where'd Aaron go? Where's Aaron?" When I said my little explanation again, she just looked at me and said "He name Aaron". Duh, mommy.
She's also--for totally unexplained reasons--begun saying "I NEe this. I NEe this" while we're shopping. Where did she come up with that? I have no idea, but it's so cute I have to try not to buy everything she asks for. Her other big phrase is "I nee help. I nee help. I nee help." which she repeats at LEAST 10 times in a row before I can even get there.

And what would a Brynne post be without cute stories??

We've been listening to the "Silly Song (Dwarf's Yodel Song) from Snow White on my ipod. She used to always react when Snow White started singing that very high note (you know, the one that drives her daddy crazy:). So several weeks ago, I explained to her that was the "high note". The next couple of times, she would repeat "high note!" when that part came on. However, after that, she began waving! It's the "HI note" now. Again, duh mommy. Makes perfect sense! :)

Since she also loves to sing, we've been singing all sorts of songs. She knows the words to most of her songs too, so in the midst of singing I often stop mid-phrase, and she finishes with the right words. The other night, her grammy and I were singing "My God is so Big!", and at the very end I sang, "there's nothing my God cannot do, for........" and pointed to her to finish. She sat on her rocking caterpillar, and looked a little puzzled, but smiled anyway, and said, "five..?"
Perfect ending :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months