They say it's your birthday......
It's been awhile since I've blogged....but Brynne turned two last week! This season of life is alternately the most fun, and the most sad. Where did my baby go? She is so big now---but she's also learning, saying, and doing so many new things, and that is my favorite.
Before I had a baby, my sister-in-law told me that every phase would "simultaneously break your heart and be your favorite", and I've really found this to be true.
So, baby girl, happy birthday! From the moment I found out you were coming to our family, you've been my sweetie and our greatest joy. Sometimes mommy wishes she could freeze-frame you....but at the same time, I'm so proud to be your mama. Watching you discover the world gives me a new passion to re-discover it with you!
But back to the birthday :). To celebrate, Aaron and I took Brynne to Sesame Place a few days before she turned two. She loved it! The tickets are so expensive...but we discovered if we took her in the late afternoon, they were half-price....and since she wasn't two yet, she was free. And it was worth it....watching her meet her "friends" and riding the rides together was SO much fun. When we walked into the park, she saw Ernie (her current favorite), and we waited patiently in line for our turn to "see 'em"--her words. When it was her turn, she marched right up to Ernie, who knelt down to see her, and hugged him. And hugged him. And kept hugging him. Like, "I've loved you my whole life!" She didn't even want to turn around for pictures :)
We also sat in for one of the music shows...the second she saw the characters, she jumped right off Aaron's lap with every intention to just walk right up on stage and dance with them. We actually had to hold her down until the end. She could have cared less about anyone watching her. :)
It was a really good day....even when the characters walked by my baby girl, who was silently begging them to hug her. I discovered a new level of "mama love" when I almost tackled the guard, the 10 year old in front of us, and Elmo himself---all so he would hug Brynne. Um, hello?!!? Did you not notice my daughter here? My baby? The most special child here?? :)
It's amazing how badly I felt when she didn't get a hug, but she was unfazed. In the car on the way home, she called her grandparents and told them all about "Ernie and Bert. I was hugging them", and about the "horsies(carousel). I ride again".
What a great day.
On her actual birthday, we went to a local park and went swimming, and had a picnic (except it rained, so we ate in the car). And the next day, we had a birthday "party" with my family, complete with VeggieTales cake. She took one look at the cake, blew the candles out three times, and then said "I wanna eat Bob and Yarry". Ha.
So....I guess you could say we had more of a "birthday week".....but in fact, we are heading tomorrow to Aaron's mother for a visit, so the festivities go on.
You know, of all the birthdays I've had in my own life, watching the baby I love have her birthday is the MOST fun :)
Before I had a baby, my sister-in-law told me that every phase would "simultaneously break your heart and be your favorite", and I've really found this to be true.
So, baby girl, happy birthday! From the moment I found out you were coming to our family, you've been my sweetie and our greatest joy. Sometimes mommy wishes she could freeze-frame you....but at the same time, I'm so proud to be your mama. Watching you discover the world gives me a new passion to re-discover it with you!
But back to the birthday :). To celebrate, Aaron and I took Brynne to Sesame Place a few days before she turned two. She loved it! The tickets are so expensive...but we discovered if we took her in the late afternoon, they were half-price....and since she wasn't two yet, she was free. And it was worth it....watching her meet her "friends" and riding the rides together was SO much fun. When we walked into the park, she saw Ernie (her current favorite), and we waited patiently in line for our turn to "see 'em"--her words. When it was her turn, she marched right up to Ernie, who knelt down to see her, and hugged him. And hugged him. And kept hugging him. Like, "I've loved you my whole life!" She didn't even want to turn around for pictures :)
We also sat in for one of the music shows...the second she saw the characters, she jumped right off Aaron's lap with every intention to just walk right up on stage and dance with them. We actually had to hold her down until the end. She could have cared less about anyone watching her. :)It was a really good day....even when the characters walked by my baby girl, who was silently begging them to hug her. I discovered a new level of "mama love" when I almost tackled the guard, the 10 year old in front of us, and Elmo himself---all so he would hug Brynne. Um, hello?!!? Did you not notice my daughter here? My baby? The most special child here?? :)
It's amazing how badly I felt when she didn't get a hug, but she was unfazed. In the car on the way home, she called her grandparents and told them all about "Ernie and Bert. I was hugging them", and about the "horsies(carousel). I ride again".
What a great day.
On her actual birthday, we went to a local park and went swimming, and had a picnic (except it rained, so we ate in the car). And the next day, we had a birthday "party" with my family, complete with VeggieTales cake. She took one look at the cake, blew the candles out three times, and then said "I wanna eat Bob and Yarry". Ha.
You know, of all the birthdays I've had in my own life, watching the baby I love have her birthday is the MOST fun :)
Comments