SO big....

My baby girl is not a baby anymore. In fact, just this week two separate people have pointed out to me that it's funny that I still call her "the baby". Hmmph. I'll call her that if I want to! :)

Following are the top reasons that Brynne is no longer a baby....

1. She is fantastic with her entire alphabet. She can sing it with no help, recognize the letters, and differentiate between "big and little (capital and lowercase). Of course, my favorite part of her singing is the part where she sings, "L-O-mello-P..."

2. She thinks she can tell time. In fact, she's made up her own measurement of time known as "Las Morning". As in,"mommy, I already watched that movie las' morning!" It doesn't matter if it was this morning, or three weeks ago, if she's referring to time, it happened las' morning. Except if it happened "yesserday". Again, that might actually be yesterday or it might have been a month ago. :)

3. She makes up her own prayers and songs. One of my favorite things to hear is the singing....she loves "real" songs too but in the last couple of weeks she's been making up her own songs....and she insists on praying. In fact, if Aaron or I try to pray, she'll yell, "NO DADDY! DON'T PRAY!" These prayers have been getting very long, as she's discovered the joy of thanking God not only for food, but also for mommy, daddy. vitamins, fruit snacks, and anything else she can think of :) The other night her prayer at dinner was:
"Fank you for Jesus and fank you for blessings. Fank you for help mommy feel better. Fank you for Jesus. Amen." (Can you blame me for writing it down instead of praying??) Last night the beginning of the prayer was very much the same, only added was: "fank you for mommy, daddy, fank you for our cars, fanks for vitamins, fank you for...um...the Lord..." You get the idea.

4. She has been going #2 in the potty! Even the other day with a babysitter! She hadn't gone in almost three days (so she'd been drinking lots of "crune" juice), and when she called to tell me about it she said, "I went poopy in the potty! It was SO BAD." I guess 3 days was enough to make it uncomfortable, but it didn't scare her off! She was back to the potty the next day.

Sigh. Such a big girl, my baby.

Perhaps, though, the number ONE reason she is no longer a baby is......

She's going to be a big sister.

Everyone knows big sisters aren't babies. They're BIG sisters. And she's insistent that she's not going to be a big sister because "I AM a big sister". :)

Coming September 2010! (We're very excited :)

She's growing up, our girl :)

Comments

Mel said…
Yay! Congratulations! How wonderful for your family!!

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months