Deep thoughts
For the past few months, we've had some interesting conversations/questions about God.
Brynne: Mommy, Jesus isn't REALLY God.
Me (thinking...don't I have a few more years before the DEEP theological questions?) I do my best to explain that Jesus IS God...like we call Aaron "daddy" AND "Aaron"...I think? :)
And conversations like....
Brynne: Mommy, is this David Crowder?
Me: Yes, it is! (She is smart :) Or else we listen to too much David Crowder. Nah..No such thing)
Brynne: What is he singing about?
Me: He's singing about how much God loves us.
Brynne: (laughs) That's crazy. :)
But recently, the questions have gotten more frequent, as she really tries to put together the pieces of who God is and how He interacts with us. (Mommy, where does God live? Etc.)
And then tonight....as I am sitting in the living room, I hear this conversation from the bathroom...
Brynne: And He loves me very much. And He made EVERYTHING. And I can talk to Jesus...if I am a little scared, I can talk to Him and He can help me.
Daddy: Yes, that's true. He will!
Brynne: And He...well....Jesus prolly poops in the potty.
Don't know if she got much of an answer on that one from daddy... I would guess at one time, that he "prolly" did. :)
Brynne: Mommy, Jesus isn't REALLY God.
Me (thinking...don't I have a few more years before the DEEP theological questions?) I do my best to explain that Jesus IS God...like we call Aaron "daddy" AND "Aaron"...I think? :)
And conversations like....
Brynne: Mommy, is this David Crowder?
Me: Yes, it is! (She is smart :) Or else we listen to too much David Crowder. Nah..No such thing)
Brynne: What is he singing about?
Me: He's singing about how much God loves us.
Brynne: (laughs) That's crazy. :)
But recently, the questions have gotten more frequent, as she really tries to put together the pieces of who God is and how He interacts with us. (Mommy, where does God live? Etc.)
And then tonight....as I am sitting in the living room, I hear this conversation from the bathroom...
Brynne: And He loves me very much. And He made EVERYTHING. And I can talk to Jesus...if I am a little scared, I can talk to Him and He can help me.
Daddy: Yes, that's true. He will!
Brynne: And He...well....Jesus prolly poops in the potty.
Don't know if she got much of an answer on that one from daddy... I would guess at one time, that he "prolly" did. :)
Comments