Love and Marriage, and all things Steven...
Seven years ago today, at our wedding reception, we danced to a Steven Curtis Chapman song. No, not "I Will Be Here".(clearly overused, but come on now, it's a classic :) It was a song called, "What I Really Want to Say". It really WAS what we wanted to say...therefore a good choice.
Anyway. Sidebar: I am a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman. I honestly haven't even heard all his newer music (although his newest CD is not "fun" to listen to, but a must hear-seriously). It's just-- how can you not like a guy who can play the guitar and create such amazing concepts out of words....and then lives for God and his family? There's nothing to not like. I just think there's something real there....anyway.
Sidebar over :)
Seven years ago, I danced with my brand new husband at our wedding. How could I have known then all that would follow in the next seven years?
When we were dating, I used to tell Aaron that he was everything I didn't even realize I wanted...until God brought him into my life. When we got married, it didn't take me long to realize he was also a lot of things I didn't know I needed. Aren't you glad God orchestrates these things? He knew.
So I've been thinking about our anniversary this year, and about this man that was gracious enough to tie his life to mine--and then follow up his commitment every day with his words, his actions, and the best of who he is. It really is true to say that I love him even more than I did that day seven years ago. I'm the lucky one :)
Interestingly enough, I've also been thinking about another Steven Curtis Chapman song this week. The lyrics are below, and I've pretty much loved this song since I first heard it. It's from a collection of songs that he wrote for his wife, and I love how it mirrors my heart for my own life with my baby.
Happy anniversary number 7, Aaron. Thanks for being the only man I have ever dreamed of dancing through my whole life with. You're the red in my painting :) I love you.
We Will Dance
I've watched the sunrise in your eyes
And I've seen the tears fall like the rain
You've seen me fight so brave and strong
You've held my hand when I'm afraid
We've watched the seasons come and go
We'll see them come and go again
But in winter's chill, or summer's breeze
One thing will not be changin'
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play
And I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we will dance
Sometimes it's hard to hold you tight
Sometimes we feel so far apart
Sometimes we dance as one
And feel the beating of each others hearts
Some days the dance is slow and sweet
Some days we're bouncing off the walls
No matter how this world may turn
Our love will keep us from fallin'
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play
And I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we will dance
And I'll hold you close
And I won't let go
Even when our steps
Grow weak and slow
Still I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we, will dance
Anyway. Sidebar: I am a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman. I honestly haven't even heard all his newer music (although his newest CD is not "fun" to listen to, but a must hear-seriously). It's just-- how can you not like a guy who can play the guitar and create such amazing concepts out of words....and then lives for God and his family? There's nothing to not like. I just think there's something real there....anyway.
Sidebar over :)
Seven years ago, I danced with my brand new husband at our wedding. How could I have known then all that would follow in the next seven years?
When we were dating, I used to tell Aaron that he was everything I didn't even realize I wanted...until God brought him into my life. When we got married, it didn't take me long to realize he was also a lot of things I didn't know I needed. Aren't you glad God orchestrates these things? He knew.
So I've been thinking about our anniversary this year, and about this man that was gracious enough to tie his life to mine--and then follow up his commitment every day with his words, his actions, and the best of who he is. It really is true to say that I love him even more than I did that day seven years ago. I'm the lucky one :)
Interestingly enough, I've also been thinking about another Steven Curtis Chapman song this week. The lyrics are below, and I've pretty much loved this song since I first heard it. It's from a collection of songs that he wrote for his wife, and I love how it mirrors my heart for my own life with my baby.
Happy anniversary number 7, Aaron. Thanks for being the only man I have ever dreamed of dancing through my whole life with. You're the red in my painting :) I love you.
We Will Dance
I've watched the sunrise in your eyes
And I've seen the tears fall like the rain
You've seen me fight so brave and strong
You've held my hand when I'm afraid
We've watched the seasons come and go
We'll see them come and go again
But in winter's chill, or summer's breeze
One thing will not be changin'
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play
And I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we will dance
Sometimes it's hard to hold you tight
Sometimes we feel so far apart
Sometimes we dance as one
And feel the beating of each others hearts
Some days the dance is slow and sweet
Some days we're bouncing off the walls
No matter how this world may turn
Our love will keep us from fallin'
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play
And I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we will dance
And I'll hold you close
And I won't let go
Even when our steps
Grow weak and slow
Still I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we, will dance
Comments