A Facebook Year

I am SO glad that there are not video cameras rolling at my house all the time. For one thing, I don't shower every day. For another, Brynne's in a "WHY don't we eat our boogies??" phase. And also, let's face it. Sometimes mommies get frustrated or tired (or both), and I'd hate to see my not-finest moments displayed on film.
But sometimes, I DO wish we had video rolling because the days seem to go so quickly. The moments pass to fast. There are lots of little "everyday" happenings that never make it further than a dinner table conversation. They get talked or laughed about once and then pass into "Young family oblivion".
That's sad.
But I discovered something recently (recently being 2 months ago...I don't have alot of time!) I kind of DO have a day-in, day-out snapshot. It's called a "facebook status". Now, before you roll your eyes, or think I'm pathetic, weird, or whatever, let me say that this is NOT a post extolling the virtues of facebook or demonizing it. I'm not going to delve into whether facebook is a waste of time or addictive, or even what I secretly think about it personally (except that I use it, so..)
For my purpose here, let me just say that I was DELIGHTED to(on a whim, at 2am, when I'm not sleeping) to read and recall several things about the past year that had long since escaped my mind. If you ever post statuses, go look through them sometime. It was such a fun way to remember just the little daily life of me and my family. I'd like to remember these! What precious snapshots of our days.
So this is our year 2010 from the perspective of Facebook. It WILL be longer than you can even imagine, but one day I'll be glad I have it :)
Drum roll please.
(And go ahead. Commence eye rolls if you must. This was fun, I tell you!)

DEANNA YOUNG...

and her behind are glad to be HOME (and out of the car!)
02 January 2010 at 19:59

is cracking up listening to Brynne and Aaron swapping British accents.
04 January 2010 at 19:46

Always snowing but never accumulating is like "always winter, but never Christmas".
05 January 2010 at 08:55

a day so bad you have to laugh. One dead water softener, one sick-ish mommy, and one missing (replacement) ipod that may have been hidden by a toddler......but in none of the usual hiding spaces. AND to finish, a bunch of exploded glass in the playroom--what better place? :) I think I'll go to bed now.
05 January 2010 at 21:31

is finding strength for today.
08 January 2010 at 14:33

is dancing with her princess to the tune of "Once upon a Dream".
08 January 2010 at 18:02

thinks she might need a nap, or maybe a good stiff drink. Hot chocolate, maybe?
09 January 2010 at 11:45

is listening to Brynne read "Peter Pan". I was unaware that this story included "Rudolph the Big Red Snowman" and "Jesus of God". :)
14 January 2010 at 17:22

just lived through a poop melodrama she's pretty sure shook the foundations of the world.
January 15, 2010 at 8:04pm

SHE FINALLY DID IT!!!!! :)
January 17, 2010 at 6:54pm ·

Boy, let me tell you something about women: If she says nothing's wrong, something's wrong. If she says something's wrong, EVERYTHING's wrong. If she says it's not funny, you better not laugh your butt off.
January 20, 2010 at 10:11pm

‎'s daughter is carrying around an old Red Lobster receipt and telling everyone it's "a message from the Lord" :)
January 29, 2010 at 2:42pm

thinks moms should always stay longer.
February 1, 2010 at 6:58pm

you know you're having a bad day when your toddler is walking around saying, "I know it's tough, mommy" :)
February 2, 2010 at 4:14pm

's cold is feeling better today, but I think I better still take a nap, right? :)
February 4, 2010 at 11:58am

Snow hates us, apparently :(
February 5, 2010 at 9:03am

It is now TWO hours past bedtime, with a little girl laying in her bed singing "chubby little cubby old bear" over and over.....maybe thanks to daddy who decided to sneak her a brownie at the Superbowl party??
February 7, 2010 at 10:23pm

apparently hit the "why shouldn't I argue with mommy every time she says something?" phase. OH yay.
February 8, 2010 at 3:20pm

let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW! :)
February 9, 2010 at 4:11pm

is watching Sesame Street with Brynne...it just isn't what it used to be.
February 19, 2010 at 10:33am

just spent way too many minutes on the floor of the bathroom...looking for a contact...that Brynne tried to put in her own eye and lost....of course it would be the last one I have!
February 21, 2010 at 8:27am

Watching Bob Ross but not for the painting...hoping his soft, even voice will inspire me to nap :)
February 23, 2010 at 2:47pm

Last night when Aaron got home, Brynne ran to the door and said, "Daddy!! You're home! I've been waiting to love you!" That girl gets me every time :)
February 25, 2010 at 9:21pm

Yeah winter retreat :)
February 26, 2010 at 11:37am

had a good time this weekend....not as cool as I used to be, though. I think I need to sleep for a week! :)
February 28, 2010 at 6:11pm

has reached the "llama drama" part of the evening. Always an adventure.
March 1, 2010 at 8:27pm

Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow... :)
March 2, 2010 at 8:16am

going to put my pj's on and snuggle with my grumpy girl instead of youth group...
March 3, 2010 at 5:45pm

is taking her baby-growing self to bed. And do not laugh, 10:00 is a VERY late bedtime.
March 3, 2010 at 10:12pm

pretty sure I heard, "WHY?" about a ga-jillion times today. Turns out, there's a lot I don't know. Huh. :)
March 5, 2010 at 8:09pm

is going to brave the grocery store for the first time in weeks...
March 8, 2010 at 9:11am

survived shopping AND is back loving her CVS extracare bucks...14 dollars got us four boxes of Kellogg's cereal, two sticks of deoderant, lip balm, a toothbrush, and two boxes of Cascade dishwashing detergent. Oh, and I got 14 EC bucks back. SWEET :)
March 8, 2010 at 4:39pm

Out of curiosity (and a little frustration), started asking Brynne "WHY?" today.....I did it twice and then she said, "DON'T SAY THAT! It's awful." Lol.
March 9, 2010 at 9:31am

has officially reclaimed the main floor of the house from the effects of 8 weeks of "morning" sickness....next comes the upstairs....maybe tomorrow :)
March 10, 2010 at 11:38am

wishes I could predict long nap days. I'd be so much more productive (I think) :)
March 11, 2010 at 1:52pm

feels HUNGRY! I LOVE feeling hungry! You don't know what you got till it's gone :)
March 11, 2010 at 7:47pm

loves her home warranty. If you don't have one, GET one :)
March 15, 2010 at 9:15am

finds taking a lukewarm shower in a house without furnace heat to be kind of painful.
March 15, 2010 at 9:33am

thought, "It's raining. What is something special to do at home?" How about painting fingernails?? After three colors, multiple meltdowns, and a little girl in timeout screaming about how she wants yet ANOTHER color (she's picked all of them out by the way)......I'm officially sorry I asked :)
March 15, 2010 at 11:25am

just found out that we're in the market for a new car...like NOW. Minivan for sale, anyone?? :)
March 15, 2010 at 12:24pm

is ready for a "goodbye, binky!" strategy. Like now.
March 19, 2010 at 3:36am

snipped Brynne's binky to see if she would notice. She immediately said, "these aren't working!" Now she's walking around the house calling, "wanna see my DEAD BINKY?" :) Hope the Binky Fairy likes the binks!
March 19, 2010 at 9:15am

Phase two of Brynne's big binky day COMPLETE. One nap down....only bedtime is left......cue scary music :)
March 19, 2010 at 3:45pm

a little worse for the wear today. Kind of happy it's raining, it's a good excuse to stay home and watch a movie and nap. We hope.
March 20, 2010 at 9:34am

is kinda thinking Syracuse looked pretty good. I might end up wishing I picked them to win it all.
March 21, 2010 at 3:25pm

opened the back door to take the groceries out and a glass jar of tomato sauce smashed on the garage floor. Not my favorite development of the day.
March 22, 2010 at 12:44pm

's daughter is flirting with skipping a nap for the second day in a ROW. I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!!!!
March 22, 2010 at 1:05pm

after seeing a couple of "new" features of Windows 7, I think the commercial should actually be: "I'm a Mac, and Windows 7 was MY idea.
March 22, 2010 at 7:59pm

feels like she has a newborn in the house already....few differences: her lungs are WAY stronger, she can stay awake WAY longer, and she talks. I need a nap.
March 23, 2010 at 10:06am

needs some advice on the best pregnancy body pillow....keeping in mind we have a pretty small bed :)
March 23, 2010 at 10:29am

s pretty sure some kid just tried to throw a rock through our glass door. It didn't break, but it scared the poop out of me...why does this stuff happen when Aaron is gone??
March 23, 2010 at 9:43pm

can't figure out why it is SO difficult for restaurant staff of seemingly "normal" intelligence to answer simple pregnancy questions like, "does your dressing contain raw eggs?" OR.."does this sandwich contain lunchmeat"? Argh.
March 26, 2010 at 6:27pm

just a LITTLE nostalgic for the town water we used to have....oh, water softener.....you give me a headache.
March 31, 2010 at 8:52am

finally has a working etsy page! lalovebug.etsy.com. Check it out! :)
April 1, 2010 at 6:25pm

Oh, my soul, overflows. Oh, what love. You never let go.
April 2, 2010 at 12:11pm

heard a perfect baby heartbeat today. I love that part :)
April 2, 2010 at 7:54pm

Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day! :)
April 3, 2010 at 12:55pm

probably shouldn't be sampling this much Easter candy while stuffing eggs...
April 3, 2010 at 7:50pm

trying to wrap my mind around extravagant Love come down." Happy Easter! He is risen! :)
April 4, 2010 at 8:04am

thinks Brynne might be suffering from Voice Immodulation.
April 5, 2010 at 6:40pm

overheard a customer at SalVal tell an associate that she wished they wouldn't staple the tags to the clothes....to which the associate replied, "I don't know how else we'd do it!" And you know, she's right....Target, Walmart, Gap.....they ALL staple tags directly on their clothes. No better way. :)
April 6, 2010 at 11:26am

dishes and laundry sometimes make me feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.
April 7, 2010 at 12:54pm

has pink fingers because she let Brynne paint her fingernails with cheap toddler nail polish....hope it comes off soon?? :)
April 7, 2010 at 7:43pm

igures eating cookie mix--if I don't add the oil and eggs--is an acceptably healthy snack. :)
April 11, 2010 at 8:23pm

finds out tomorrow whether this baby is a boy or a girl. Any votes? Brynne is ADAMANT about GIRL :)
April 12, 2010 at 6:53pm

back from the doctor with pictures of my very active, healthy 10 oz. baby BOY :)
April 13, 2010 at 12:57pm

has crossed over from the "why??" stage to the "but MOM!" stage. Deep breath.
April 14, 2010 at 9:27pm

is singing happy birthday to her hunny and the best husband...pretty much ever :)
April 15, 2010 at 11:27am

going out to dinner with my hunny, Brynne, and a couple of friends for Aaron's birthday. Should be fun!! :)
April 15, 2010 at 4:43pm

bought my first baby boy outfit today. :)
April 17, 2010 at 11:21am

one grumpy girl + a tired mommy + a cold dreary day + an active little man inside = daddy making popcorn for a family viewing of Aristocats. Love Saturdays :)
April 17, 2010 at 3:17pm

is praying this poison ivy that arrived today will not get bad. For someone who gets it REALLY bad and also happens to be pregnant, these itchy spots are NOTgood news.
April 18, 2010 at 8:25pm

thinking of heading to the park this morning. Anyone wanna come?? :)
April 20, 2010 at 8:44am

has a little girl who's doing LOTS of coughing today. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they go from being TOTALLY fine to sounding terrible!
April 22, 2010 at 8:51am

the boys were crying like little girls when Julie and I got done with them :)
April 25, 2010 at 7:08pm

seems like mommies always get sicker than the kiddos who had the germs in the first place! :)
April 26, 2010 at 11:42am

A couple of bowls of homemade chicken soup provided by my handsome husband, some cuddles from my girl, and listening to the two of them giggle upstairs during bedtime....good medicine :)
April 26, 2010 at 8:19pm

watched Food, Inc last night. WOW. Definitely making some changes.
April 27, 2010 at 9:12am

is 21 weeks today. With my previous baby record, this means I am now halfway through this pregnancy. :)
April 27, 2010 at 9:35pm

he guys ROCKED building a garden fence today...going to see two of the girls rock Footloose tonight. :)
May 1, 2010 at 5:46pm

s getting this "fat feet, HUNGRY" thing down :)
May 2, 2010 at 10:13pm

today Aaron asked me, "how does it feel when someone 1/4 of your size takes up 400% of your energy?" I think the real question is, "what am I going to do with TWO 1/4 sizers taking up 800% of my energy?????"
May 4, 2010 at 12:09pm

actually fell asleep momentarily while reading with Brynne this afternoon....I think it's time for bed :)
May 4, 2010 at 9:24pm

s gonna fire me one dishwasher guy if they don't show up AND finish today (the third day this week they've been here)...
May 6, 2010 at 3:21pm

dishwasher man is now Aaron. What a guy :)
May 6, 2010 at 4:47pm

Brynne is asking, "can I have my REAL baby now?" :)
May 7, 2010 at 8:00am

is taking her hot tea and her fifteen pillows and going to bed :)
May 7, 2010 at 9:15pm

just tried a really great new recipe for "finger chickens" (as Brynne calls it :)
May 8, 2010 at 7:35pm

enjoyed "doughnuts" (waffles) with "ranch syrup" (maple syrup) for breakfast, a picnic for lunch, and time with my family today. GOOD day :)
May 9, 2010 at 9:53pm

thinks that when they say "300 extra calories a day", they must have been referring to 300 extra calories from Twizzlers. At least I hope so.
May 11, 2010 at 4:55pm

has a girl who thought being up for a LONG time (and getting up super early) would be fun, and a husband who got up early and let me sleep in. All in all, good deal :)
May 14, 2010 at 9:47am

flowers planted and mulched...check. Vegetable garden and fence finished....check. Girl who probably should have considered that she might be too pregnant to do that kind of work for 8 hours at a time.....that'd be me :) Ouch.
May 15, 2010 at 8:16am

is relatively sure this baby boy will have a name by the time he's born.....then again, maybe not.
May 17, 2010 at 9:40am

is having a "no-nap, wish there was more chocolate in the house, pretending patience because mine is GONE" kind of day.
May 19, 2010 at 2:45pm

naptime can equal serious productivity. Sometimes, though, naptime just = naptime :)
May 20, 2010 at 12:50pm

had a GREAT day at the zoo and hanging with friends...only job left is helping the VERY tired (and also grumpy) girl to bed :)
May 22, 2010 at 7:15pm

"LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!" :)
May 23, 2010 at 6:36pm

guesses that EVERY system is this house is going to fail before we own it for a year. Today's spotlight is on: the air conditioning! U.G.H.
May 25, 2010 at 8:40am

still thinks that insisting we wear underwear to the library was a reasonable request. Needless to say, we never made it there. Guess she had priorities :)
May 26, 2010 at 1:23pm

oday Brynne asked, "When will my baby brother get here?? After Nick Diehl paints the room, then he will come, right??"
Guess she wants to hire Nick for the job? :)
May 27, 2010 at 3:04pm

Some days my "strength for today" needs a little help. Hope it doesn't matter that I already borrowed some strength from tomorrow already :)
May 27, 2010 at 8:46pm

Thinking of all those families we love (and miss!) who make great sacrifices for our country..and of all the families who have gone before them. Thank you.
May 31, 2010 at 9:06am

Entering the second hour of the Great "Getting Dressed" Battle for today. Kind of wishing the Reserves were coming home for lunch.
June 1, 2010 at 10:43am

thinking about Beattie's song she taught us to sing..."same song, second verse, could get better but it's gonna get worse..." Sometimes parenting/discipline feels that way :)
June 1, 2010 at 3:28pm

Anybody want to petsit a slightly moody but very cuddly cat? Please?
June 3, 2010 at 8:10am

Only a week and two days and we will be in PA...and NJ! :)
June 4, 2010 at 8:55pm

gets out of the shower WHILE hearing herself say, "WHY would you put mommy's nightguard in you BUM??????!?!" And so begins another Monday at the Young house :)
June 7, 2010 at 1:08pm

is excited for a LONG overdue playdate with Bekah...and mommy and daddy too! :)
June 15, 2010 at 7:27am

SO thankful for Aaron, who makes the lives of both his girls happy....and for my daddy, who is still superman to me :) Happy Father's Day!
June 20, 2010 at 8:49pm

starting the long road home...
June 23, 2010 at 8:16am

Home again, home again :)
June 24, 2010 at 7:07pm

is cuddling a sick little girl.
June 27, 2010 at 8:57pm

One ER trip with a temp of 105...vomiting started an hour ago...looks like back to the doctor we go!
June 28, 2010 at 7:20am

Little girl is holding things down so far! Still got that high fever, but she's finally happy enough to read books....mommy needs a nap. Those late night trips to the ER do me in. Thanks for praying! :)
June 28, 2010 at 2:42pm

98.6 today!! :)
June 30, 2010 at 10:24am

Excited that we might finally be well enough to think about playing at the park tomorrow...this week's been so nice it's been sad having to stay in! :)
June 30, 2010 at 4:42pm

thinks that mommy naps should make you feel BETTER. It's really only fair.
July 1, 2010 at 2:29pm

is watching Aaron concoct a snack of chocolate milk and peanut butter Captain Crunch. Which one of us is pregnant, anyways???? :)
July 1, 2010 at 9:03pm

we've told our daughter "When you are quiet, then we will come upstairs." Now I am listening to her scream , "I AM QUIET! I AM CALM!" over and over at the top of her lungs. Is it bad that her daddy is videotaping it from the stairs?? :)
July 2, 2010 at 9:13pm

wonders why the size of her belly disturbs so many random strangers. I'm cool with it. If you gotta go, go BIG, right?
July 5, 2010 at 9:52pm

woke up this weekend and realized that another human BEING is going to be moving into the house in the next 8-12 weeks! I think I better be productive today :)
July 6, 2010 at 12:20pm

had a great ultrasound....no planned c-section! However, baby boy is already a little over four pounds....unlike his "big" sister, he will not be a tiny peanut. We may have to stop calling him "little" man soon. I stand corrected, grocery store critics. :)
July 7, 2010 at 11:41am

And now we play the waiting game......
...The waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos. :)
July 7, 2010 at 7:02pm

IT RAINED!!!! :)
July 8th

Brynne and I decided in the car today that until this little boy has an official name we're just going to call him "The Edge". Actually, Brynne thought that the baby was too small for that, but I think it's better than "nail polish".
July 8, 2010 at 6:17pm

has watched the slow death of the afternoon nap this week.
July 9, 2010 at 4:37pm

jokingly said to Aaron, "anyone want to rub my fat feet?" My sweet girl immediately got down on all fours and said, "I'll rub your feet mommy! That will make them feel better!" I think I might cry. I love that girl.
July 10, 2010 at 6:58pm

is looking for a beautiful maternity dress for a wedding....anyone have one I might borrow?? :)
July 12, 2010 at 9:09am

forgot how tiring just accomplishing one task can be at 32 weeks pregnant. Home stretch, here we come :)
July 13, 2010 at 12:48pm

is trying to price things for a garage sale this weekend. Have I mentioned I hate pricing things???
July 13, 2010 at 10:01pm

anyone want to hoe my garden for money, vegetables, or some combination of the two??? :)
July 14, 2010 at 8:23am

Here's today's positive: When you are almost 8 months pregnant and you twist your ankle on the stairs, your feet are already swollen, so no on can even tell :)
July 14, 2010 at 9:23am

shouldn't have sat down...not sure I want to get up again tonight :)
July 17, 2010 at 7:43pm

just heard, "Mommy, you are VERY stomach." Yes, yes I am :)
July 19, 2010 at 3:28pm

making zucchini pie for dinner with zucchini from our garden. YUM :)
July 20, 2010 at 5:43pm

putting my feet up with a puzzle, Anne of Green Gables, my mom, and a cup of tea. AND Aaron comes back tomorrow. Happy sigh.
July 22, 2010 at 9:01pm

woke up this morning to Brynne calling, "mama, I need to go potty. DON'T come with me. I just need privacy". She's getting too big! :)
July 23, 2010 at 6:49am

Three years ago today, a 7 lb. 15 oz. joy of my life arrived to make me a mama. Happy Birthday, Brynne Michaela! (Now stop growing so fast! :)
July 25, 2010 at 9:39am

Celebrating that 7 years ago today I successfully snagged the best guy on the whole planet...and I'm only more and more sure I made a good choice. Happy anniversary, hubband :) You're my favorite.
July 26, 2010 at 7:47am

is thankful she's not an elephant. They are pregnant for a LONG time.
July 28, 2010 at 4:54pm

going to check out a sit n' stand stroller from craigslist....hoping it's the one!! :)
July 29, 2010 at 7:21pm

Saying goodbye to my family stinks so much that I'm going to have to have a baby in the next 6 weeks, just to get them to come back :)
July 31, 2010 at 12:09pm

can't decide who's more traumatized by well-child visits: Me or Brynne. Glad we're done for another year!
August 2, 2010 at 11:30am

just spent the last hour in the yard tryin g to fly a princess kite with no wind....all because a three year old wanted to fly a kite in the worst way. Funny how easily you try silly things for a cute face :) Guess we'll give it another shot tomorrow...
August 2, 2010 at 4:44pm

watched a movie with Brynne...I was commenting on one part to make sure she understood, and she reached up, put her hand on my mouth, and SHUSHED me! Whose kid is this, anyway??? :)
August 7, 2010 at 3:59pm

is a whale of a tale.
August 12, 2010 at 9:33am

accomplished precious little today in the way of laundry or getting ready for baby, but I did have time to make a peach pie. Priorities, people :)
August 13, 2010 at 8:27pm

thinks the definition of nesting must= when you can't seem to muster the energy to vacuum your house, but you make your husband drag the stove into the middle of the kitchen so you can clean the floor behind it. :)
August 14, 2010 at 10:29am  

Spruce Lake, how I miss thee...
August 17, 2010 at 7:40am

‎'s fat pregnant feet will not fit into her strappy black shoes...anyone want to lend me a pair for Saturday??
August 23, 2010 at 8:16pm

Brynne's newest phrase of choice: "Are you KILLING me, Smalls??" :)
August 27, 2010 at 10:55am

Put my mom back on a plane this morning. Um, little boy? It's REALLY fun here...don't you want to come out and play???
September 2, 2010 at 12:26pm

looking for a moses basket...
September 3, 2010 at 12:21pm  

well, we've made it 40...shall we try for 41??? :)
September 7, 2010 at 2:29pm

'Twas the night before baby and all through the house, the big sister was throwing up....seriously (how do kids TIME these things???)
September 14, 2010 at 9:33pm

Camdon Timothy Young arrived at 7:07pm....9 lbs and 6 oz! He and mommy are doing great! Pictures (tomorrow :)
September 15, 2010 at 9:54pm

is HOME :)
September 17, 2010 at 2:14pm

I think I need a hug.
September 24, 2010 at 11:58am

is listening to Brynne sing her special lullaby to her baby brother. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that.
September 27, 2010 at 5:13pm  

is feeling tired but really blessed. Our church family=the best :)
October 3, 2010 at 4:36pm

flying solo day one....and the adventure begins :)
October 4, 2010 at 9:14am

had a chat with two Jehovah's Witnesses who rang our doorbell this morning. After they left, Brynne said, "that was a GREAT talk!" Apparently, she was impressed :)
October 8, 2010 at 12:27pm

Sick. Kind of thinking catching a break would be nice :)
October 9, 2010 at 7:55pm

Cloistering up for the day with my fellow sickies. Praying Camdon stays healthy! :)
October 10, 2010 at 8:08am

Another one bites the dust...
October 11, 2010 at 8:26am

Jehovah's Witnesses came back today. This time, Brynne cried and when they left said, "I just want them to be DONE talking!" Ah, the evolution of just a few days :)
October 14, 2010 at 10:55am

making pumpkin rolls. YUM.
October 14, 2010 at 3:47pm

Camdon is one month old today! At his checkup, we found out he now weighs 11 lbs. 12 oz....and we're placing bets on when he'll weigh more than his sister :)
October 15, 2010 at 12:49pm

would like to thank her baby boy for the first decent stretch of sleep in his life last night, and to his amazing daddy for a nap this afternoon. I almost feel human again :)
October 17, 2010 at 4:19pm

we're getting smiles, folks! LOVE IT! :)
October 17, 2010 at 7:44pm

braved the grocery store with two children and lived to tell the tale.
October 18, 2010 at 2:58pm

Einstein once said, 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results'. I would like to propose that he was probably talking about mopping kitchen floors. It never stays clean for more than 10 minutes....but I just keep mopping it and hoping it'll be "clean". Hmmm...
October 19, 2010 at 5:15pm

Anyone have a carpet cleaner/steamer that I can borrow???
October 25, 2010 at 7:56am

having an interesting night...she's been in bed for an hour...so far she's been afraid of bugs, she
doesn't like the dark, she just wanted her daddy, and (when he came
home) she was a "little bit sick, could he please bring up the tv?" (which has NEVER happened in her life). She's creative, that's for sure!
October 25, 2010 at 9:02pm

Dear Target,
I am VERY sorry for the intense red liquid cosmetics that my daughter spilled all over herself, her daddy, and your shelf. However, in the future, may I suggest you maybe move your samples so that they are not eye level for a three year old? Thanks.
p.s. her hands are finally no longer red. And I still ...love you. :)
See More
October 26, 2010 at 10:11pm

has a six week old as of today....who went out this morning wearing his first 3-6 month size outfit. It wasn't big either. Gulp. :)
October 27, 2010 at 1:04pm

hoping to survive the 6 week growth spurt.
October 28, 2010 at 12:03pm

‎'s sweetie just breezed in from work, picked up the kids for the library, and instructed me to put down the laundry and take a bubble bath. I love that man.
October 28, 2010 at 5:14pm

due to some semi-serious (and worsening) allergy issues....as well as the fact that we now have yet ANOTHER tiny child that makes her unhappy, we need to find a home for our kitty! Aaron's even willing to keep paying for her food and litter if it makes a difference....we love her...she needs a home where she'll be happy (and not make people sick!)
October 31, 2010 at 12:22pm

making dinner in a pumpkin, and figuring out how to keep Princess Belle warm tonight...I don't think the chili pepper's going to have a problem, at least :)
October 31, 2010 at 3:52pm

taking the princess to her first dance class...she's already a little upset to hear that the class is in a studio, and not on a stage. :)
November 1, 2010 at 9:10am

Kind of loving all this nice weather to play outside in :) I wish it would last!
November 13, 2010 at 6:04pm

is holding a sleeping babe who smells like his daddy's aftershave. I love when they cuddle. I love that they smell the same. My boys! :)
November 21, 2010 at 8:49pm

is the lucky one, with a hunny that plans fun birthday surprises...and friends who help him pull them off :)
November 23, 2010 at 8:26am

Brynne woke up 10 minutes ago, and is already upset that we aren't eating birthday cake for breakfast. :)
November 24, 2010 at 8:05am

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, everyone! It WAS a wonderful day! :)
November 24, 2010 at 10:59pm

making tutus, drinking tea, and holding a baby. This requires talent :)
December 2, 2010 at 7:46pm

Thank you baby, for an 8 hour stretch between feedings last night! :) Now if mommy could only sleep past 4:30am...who is going to sleep train ME?!?!
December 4, 2010 at 6:05am

Snuggling with soft baby skin magically makesthe housework seem less important.
December 8, 2010 at 1:35pm

and THEN you put down the soft skinned baby to do dishes, realize you have something wet on you, and that said baby has pooped all over your shirt. And THAT is why we can't forget housework forever. Ha.
December 8, 2010 at 6:24pm

thinks I might have more fun with our 'neighbor playdates' than the girls do. It's so nice to have a friend next door! :)
December 9, 2010 at 1:30pm

Bummed that the Christmas tea is canceled, but snow, a fire, hot chocolate, and a Christmas movie sounds like a great runner up for the evening :)
December 12, 2010 at 2:29pm

Armed with a sub-zero snow day and nowhere to go, I--with renewed vigor--am going to attempt to help Camdon nap more than 20 minutes in his bed. This will take MUCH time, a few temper tantrums, some uncontrollable crying...and Camdon might even get upset too :)
December 13, 2010 at 9:30am

does ANYONE (who is close enough for me to get to) have a cradle swing--that swings side to side instead of just front to back--that they'd be willing to let me borrow???
December 13, 2010 at 2:41pm

Brynne apparently learned a new song in Sunday School yesterday..."The D-L-E-L-E, cuz that's the book for me, I stand alone in the world we got, the D-L-E-L-E!"
December 14, 2010 at 7:03pm

Making gingerbread for our gingerbread house today!
December 16, 2010 at 10:09am

is looking for someone who would be willing to come to my house a couple days a week and hold a baby for an hour or so while his mama tries to accomplish something. Salary paid in love, cookies, baby snuggles or money. Take your pick :)
December 16, 2010 at 11:32am

Gingerbread house decorated. Not exactly a work of art, but the little girl who helped and then declared it "SO beautiful!" was the only judge we were working for. Success :)
Dec. 17th 2010

we're flirting with laughs!
December 20, 2010 at 9:21pm

Some days the phrase, "she had so many children she didn't know what to do" applies to a woman with only two :)
December 21, 2010 at 12:13pm

After all, there's only one more sleep 'till Christmas :)
December 24, 2010 at 1:13pm

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house...EVERYONE (meaning 2 children) was stirring, INCLUDING a MOUSE! (Ew. Seriously)
Dec. 24 2010

It's the Messiah, He's come at last! :) Dec. 25 2010

Camdon (and Jesus) know my limits. This is day FOUR of napping over an hour in his bed! Just one nap, but I'LL TAKE IT! Merry Christmas to me :)
December 27, 2010 at 4:57pm

when did my youngest get old enough to ROLL OVER?!? Jan. 2 2011


Christmas week is over. Now Camdon isn't sleeping at night either (last 5 nights). Maybe he's giving up sleep for lent? Someone should tell him it's only January.Jan. 6 2011

"I admit it, you are better than I am".
"Then why are you smiling?"
"Because I know something you don't know....reinforcements will be coming home from work by 5! (I think I can last that long)" :)
January 7 2011



Phew. We're good till next year :) (And if you made it to the end....wow :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months