Great green globs... :)

Well, more than a week has gone by, and FINALLY our sleep situation has changed somewhat. We did try to move bedtime an hour earlier, but after a couple of days where it worked like a charm, suddenly Brynne was waking up at 5:45am happy as can be, and NOT going back to sleep. She also caught what I would call her first BIG cold (first cough, etc.) so her daytime sleeping actually got even worse! (literally maybe 30 minutes all day). However, the "bookies" (Brynne's name for boogies) have subsided some--(THANK GOODNESS. I was finding gigantic green boogies all over the place! I've been following her around with a tissue, but she still seemed to wipe them first and then tried to wipe them off on other things....mommy, the cat, the couch. Please tell me other kids do this?!? But I digress.... :)
So because she isn't having as much trouble breathing, she's been sleeping. And the house has breathed a collective sigh of relief because for the past three days, she's woken up at the "normal" time (7:00-7:30) napped for at least two hours (today it was almost 3!) and then gone to bed about 8:00pm and slept all night. *Sigh*. Transition to one nap, successful! :)

Anyway, it's been awhile since I put any pictures up so I thought I would share a couple of my favorites...

He grammy gave her a new coat.




She loves the stickers she got from us! She never wants to stick them on the pages though :)





I love this picture. We were having a conversation, and she just started holding my face.





And then trying to lick me!



So of course I played along :)


P.S. For those dying to know (smile), the potty intro went well. We now know EXACTLY what the potty is for. We've read all the cute books from the library, and everyone in the family has been asked to share their "business" at least once. The other day Brynne was looking for daddy and when I told her he was going potty, she immediately put her hands up and said "SEE". I think daddy might have been a little bit weirded out when we showed up at the door wondering if we could "see". Ha!
One of the books uses the phrase, "it's easy!". So Brynne's been walking around the house for the last few days chanting, "it's eeshy!". I think that's my new favorite phrase of hers :)

Comments

Deanna~glad to hear that your transition to one nap was a success! For quite a long time, we had a sacred afternoon nap time for both boys which lasted for 2.5 to 3 hours. It was gloriously refreshing for this mama.

I love the pictures. What a cute coat she has! The love between you and your sweet girl is so obvious in those photos.

Good job on the potty training start.
love those pictures of the two of you!

hurrah for getting over the sickies... and yeah, other kids wipe their boogies too... not my kids though ;)
k. elisabeth said…
its eeshy! :)
you have a beautiful baby...of course i'm biased because i'm her proud aunt...but whatever.
:) i woke up this morning thanking jesus for bringing her into our life. seemed only right to thank you and aaron too. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months