Every day I spend with you is the new best day of my life...
I knew when we got pregnant that our marriage was going to change. We've all read the books, heard the speeches, seen it happen. You know what I mean....about how marriage has to be intentional, it takes work, you have to carve out time for each other...that kind of thing. To be honest, of course marriage took work before we had kids...but in a lot of ways, it was pretty easy. We love being together, we love playing and laughing and having fun. Without any children, our time was ours to do whatever we pleased. And we were happy. Now, our time is.....what time??? Hehe. There isn't any. And our energies are spent daily, not focusing on ourselves, or even "us" as a unit, but largely on parenting. And I've been thinking this week alot about my hubby. About how he still makes my heart happy, and how it is SO worth it to be married to this man, even if some of our daily conversations don't seem to go much further than "how was your day.......hey, don't throw peas on the floor. No throwing. No throwing! Ok, now help mommy clean up, please...you want to play blocks now? Let's clean up first....Ok, mommy and daddy are coming...." You get the idea--it's not exactly romantic conversation. :)
And sometimes doing the dishes together is the extent of how we connect....but hey, I wouldn't want to do the dishes with anyone else. Mostly, in the day to day hustle, I don't want to take my baby for granted. Do I really share with him enough how deeply I love him? How happy I am to have children with him? How much I look up to him? I probably don't. So I'd like to dedicate this post to my teammate, and the one I love....my "hubband". Baby, no matter how crazy life gets, your love is still better than ice cream...thanks for walking this road with me. There are so many things I love about you...let me count some ways :) :
And sometimes doing the dishes together is the extent of how we connect....but hey, I wouldn't want to do the dishes with anyone else. Mostly, in the day to day hustle, I don't want to take my baby for granted. Do I really share with him enough how deeply I love him? How happy I am to have children with him? How much I look up to him? I probably don't. So I'd like to dedicate this post to my teammate, and the one I love....my "hubband". Baby, no matter how crazy life gets, your love is still better than ice cream...thanks for walking this road with me. There are so many things I love about you...let me count some ways :) :
I love eating cookie dough in bed with you while we read together.
I love that you could kick the crap out of me at tennis, but somehow we always have a "close" game.
I love that you always get out of bed to check the house locks at night, even when you know it's stupid....just because I ask about it.
I love that when the baby gets up super early, you always try to beat me out of bed to get her.
I love that you still think I'm pretty, even when I don't feel that way.
I love that you ask me about fashion advice; not because you care about wearing black and brown together, but because you know I do :)
I love curling up on the couch with you to secretly watch a show that we're ashamed to actually admit we like.
I love that you change poopy diapers like a champ, and even when I see you gag about it, you still volunteer to change the next one.
I love that when you come home and the house looks worse than when you left, you just step over the mess...and then I find you and Brynne "playing"....but you're actually cleaning up for me.
I love that you bring me treats just because you know I like them.
I love that you wear aftershave only because you know I like the smell of it.
I love that you've become a closet Little House on the Prairie fan....after you've watched almost 8 seasons with me...when you'd probably have preferred watching something else.
and p.s. for all who were wondering, no we didn't get in a fight, it isn't our anniversary, or his birthday. Just seemed like a good day to get a little mushy on you all :)
I love that you could kick the crap out of me at tennis, but somehow we always have a "close" game.
I love that you always get out of bed to check the house locks at night, even when you know it's stupid....just because I ask about it.
I love that when the baby gets up super early, you always try to beat me out of bed to get her.
I love that you still think I'm pretty, even when I don't feel that way.
I love that you ask me about fashion advice; not because you care about wearing black and brown together, but because you know I do :)
I love curling up on the couch with you to secretly watch a show that we're ashamed to actually admit we like.
I love that you change poopy diapers like a champ, and even when I see you gag about it, you still volunteer to change the next one.
I love that when you come home and the house looks worse than when you left, you just step over the mess...and then I find you and Brynne "playing"....but you're actually cleaning up for me.
I love that you bring me treats just because you know I like them.
I love that you wear aftershave only because you know I like the smell of it.
I love that you've become a closet Little House on the Prairie fan....after you've watched almost 8 seasons with me...when you'd probably have preferred watching something else.
I love you .
and p.s. for all who were wondering, no we didn't get in a fight, it isn't our anniversary, or his birthday. Just seemed like a good day to get a little mushy on you all :)
Comments
I loved that post and your blog! Yesterday I broke into tears hugging Greg because I realized just how much I loved him in the middle of a crazy, messy house, "morning/allday" sickness and rambunctious boys!
I'm so glad to get to read a little of your life and see "where" you are!
~ Becca