A little camping.....and a little news :)
This week we are camping in the Poconos at a retreat center where my family has come every year since I was six. As I write this, I am sitting in a tent, listening to the rain on the "roof", and watching Brynne sleep to the whir of the electric fan.....ok, so it's not really "roughing it" camping, but we are in a tent :)
She has changed so much this week! For the first time, she's been putting her face underwater in the pool (and the bathtub).....
...short pause to chase down a daddy long leg and remove him from the tent....see? We're enjoying nature :)....
and she's enjoying the rain because she gets to wear her "coat-wet" (raincoat) and her "wain boots". Mommy, on the other hand, is enjoying watching Brynne explore some of my heart's fondest childhood memories here, and I am NOT enjoying the fact that every night since we got here, our air mattress has leaked....we've tried two, and are probably going to need to buy a new one. Doh. Anyone else know that "butt on the floor in the morning" feeling? Ugh.
Anyway, we're having fun.
And a new phrase we've come up with this week: This morning I was giving Brynne a bath in the tent (in a rubbermaid container....she's experimenting with getting her face wet but is still not a fan of the shower). She has a little toy boat that is red, and kind of shaped like an iron. So she starts rubbing it all over her chest, and tells me, "I'm ironing my naked.....I'm ironing my naked!"
Her pop-pop told her there are a lot of people in the world who could use their naked ironed. I wonder when that one's going to come out again :)
In other news......we are heading to Michigan next week. This summer has been one huge blessing and one big, stressful stretch for us as we've been waiting on the Lord for our next step. There are so many ways where we've seen God use this time in us, and we know it is His doing, but I also find myself anxious for where He's leading. For the past couple of months we've been applying to churches, looking for options, and praying about Seminary for Aaron. Somewhere in the mix we started talking to a church in Michigan about a youth pastor position.....and so far things have gone from there. They've asked us to come and candidate next weekend, and we have accepted. What we've learned so far about this church echoes deeply with us, and as we've talked over a period of weeks, we've become very excited about the possibility of serving there. However, we're still seeking God for what He's saying, and we're very aware that He has the final word. This isn't a done deal by any means, but it is the next step for us to explore, and we are thrilled to be doing so! So pray for us---we need wisdom and peace. I'll let you know..... :)
She has changed so much this week! For the first time, she's been putting her face underwater in the pool (and the bathtub).....
...short pause to chase down a daddy long leg and remove him from the tent....see? We're enjoying nature :)....
and she's enjoying the rain because she gets to wear her "coat-wet" (raincoat) and her "wain boots". Mommy, on the other hand, is enjoying watching Brynne explore some of my heart's fondest childhood memories here, and I am NOT enjoying the fact that every night since we got here, our air mattress has leaked....we've tried two, and are probably going to need to buy a new one. Doh. Anyone else know that "butt on the floor in the morning" feeling? Ugh.
Anyway, we're having fun.
And a new phrase we've come up with this week: This morning I was giving Brynne a bath in the tent (in a rubbermaid container....she's experimenting with getting her face wet but is still not a fan of the shower). She has a little toy boat that is red, and kind of shaped like an iron. So she starts rubbing it all over her chest, and tells me, "I'm ironing my naked.....I'm ironing my naked!"
Her pop-pop told her there are a lot of people in the world who could use their naked ironed. I wonder when that one's going to come out again :)
In other news......we are heading to Michigan next week. This summer has been one huge blessing and one big, stressful stretch for us as we've been waiting on the Lord for our next step. There are so many ways where we've seen God use this time in us, and we know it is His doing, but I also find myself anxious for where He's leading. For the past couple of months we've been applying to churches, looking for options, and praying about Seminary for Aaron. Somewhere in the mix we started talking to a church in Michigan about a youth pastor position.....and so far things have gone from there. They've asked us to come and candidate next weekend, and we have accepted. What we've learned so far about this church echoes deeply with us, and as we've talked over a period of weeks, we've become very excited about the possibility of serving there. However, we're still seeking God for what He's saying, and we're very aware that He has the final word. This isn't a done deal by any means, but it is the next step for us to explore, and we are thrilled to be doing so! So pray for us---we need wisdom and peace. I'll let you know..... :)
Comments