A little bit of this...a little bit of that...
Is it dorky that I typed this title and immediately started singing in my head:
"a pot, a pan...a broom, a hat"......(fabulous prizes if you know what that song is from).
Anyway. Moving on. :)
Life has been slowing down just a little bit here this week. Although I can't speak for the basement or the garage, we have all the boxes in the house unpacked. We even have pictures on the walls! I fully intended for this post to be "before" and "after" photos of the rooms in the house. But here's the thing: we live here now. Trying to get every room in the house clean enough to take a good 'after' picture is like....impossible. So I'm working on it. I hope the next post will be pictures???
In the meantime, I thought I would just blog about, well, whatever.
This can be dangerous.
No one knows for sure what will come of spontaneous blogging by me.
Here goes:
Things I've been thinking about lately...
1. I LOVE our new church. The level of relationship happening here is something that I have not experienced since my childhood church, and I have missed it. I didn't even know how much, but so far, we have been OVERWHELMED by this new "family" of ours. The past few months have been so stretching, but we are so grateful that God has brought us here. In some ways, I feel like He heard the cry of my heart before I even knew what it really was. (At least, so far. I realize we've only been here 2 months! ) Still, we have found ourselves very happy here.
2. I HATE being away from our "real" family. And our friends. Um, could everyone we love please stand up? That's right. Move a little to the left. Little further...little further. Anything within 2 hours will do. Thanks.
My family is coming out for Thanksgiving, and while I am SO excited, it's hard for me to realize just how far they really have to come to get here. That stinks. On the other hand, they are still coming...even though it's far. Hooray for next week!
3. Brynne has been asking me if I want to 'make a memory' lately. ("You wanna make a mermory, mommy??") This is always in regards to her utilizing the laptop, and I just can't figure out why she's linked those things in her mind this week, but you know what? That question catches me off guard every time. I mean, how many days this week would I have just flitted through without thinking to stop and "make a memory" with her? How many boxes would have cluttered my mind, how many dinner recipes, how many loads of laundry.....you get the idea. I've been thinking about it because I SO want to enjoy these years, and yet it's so easy for me to get caught in the mundane and forget to enjoy it (yeah, even the laundry :). So this is my new favorite "Brynne-ism", and I hope she reminds me for a long time to "make a mermory" with her.
4. Parenting. My always precocious, oft adorable daughter has started challenging us in various new ways, and so we are faced with the challenge of stepping up our game a bit...suggestions are welcome. Um, please? :)
5. Next weekend, I am about to miss my 10th high school reunion. Next week, I am about to have my last birthday "in my 20's". What. the. heck?!!!?! It's not that I'm terribly discouraged about this, it just never ceases to amaze me. It's been 10 years??? I can remember thinking I would NEVER live long enough for my dad to let me date! Craziness :)
Anyway, more than you want to know about what's going on with us, I'm sure. :) Hats off if you're even still reading. If you are though, I'll leave you with a story that's it's own reward (at least in my mind):
Today, Brynne told me she "had a baby in her belly". Then she said, "wanna see?" She pulled up her shirt, and then said "Oh no! The baby's not here. She ran away."
Fast forward to this evening, when we were talking on the phone. She told her Aunt there was a "baby in her belly", and my sister replied, "There is? How did that baby get there??" And Brynne says...
"She came from Target!"
Hee hee.
"a pot, a pan...a broom, a hat"......(fabulous prizes if you know what that song is from).
Anyway. Moving on. :)
Life has been slowing down just a little bit here this week. Although I can't speak for the basement or the garage, we have all the boxes in the house unpacked. We even have pictures on the walls! I fully intended for this post to be "before" and "after" photos of the rooms in the house. But here's the thing: we live here now. Trying to get every room in the house clean enough to take a good 'after' picture is like....impossible. So I'm working on it. I hope the next post will be pictures???
In the meantime, I thought I would just blog about, well, whatever.
This can be dangerous.
No one knows for sure what will come of spontaneous blogging by me.
Here goes:
Things I've been thinking about lately...
1. I LOVE our new church. The level of relationship happening here is something that I have not experienced since my childhood church, and I have missed it. I didn't even know how much, but so far, we have been OVERWHELMED by this new "family" of ours. The past few months have been so stretching, but we are so grateful that God has brought us here. In some ways, I feel like He heard the cry of my heart before I even knew what it really was. (At least, so far. I realize we've only been here 2 months! ) Still, we have found ourselves very happy here.
2. I HATE being away from our "real" family. And our friends. Um, could everyone we love please stand up? That's right. Move a little to the left. Little further...little further. Anything within 2 hours will do. Thanks.
My family is coming out for Thanksgiving, and while I am SO excited, it's hard for me to realize just how far they really have to come to get here. That stinks. On the other hand, they are still coming...even though it's far. Hooray for next week!
3. Brynne has been asking me if I want to 'make a memory' lately. ("You wanna make a mermory, mommy??") This is always in regards to her utilizing the laptop, and I just can't figure out why she's linked those things in her mind this week, but you know what? That question catches me off guard every time. I mean, how many days this week would I have just flitted through without thinking to stop and "make a memory" with her? How many boxes would have cluttered my mind, how many dinner recipes, how many loads of laundry.....you get the idea. I've been thinking about it because I SO want to enjoy these years, and yet it's so easy for me to get caught in the mundane and forget to enjoy it (yeah, even the laundry :). So this is my new favorite "Brynne-ism", and I hope she reminds me for a long time to "make a mermory" with her.
4. Parenting. My always precocious, oft adorable daughter has started challenging us in various new ways, and so we are faced with the challenge of stepping up our game a bit...suggestions are welcome. Um, please? :)
5. Next weekend, I am about to miss my 10th high school reunion. Next week, I am about to have my last birthday "in my 20's". What. the. heck?!!!?! It's not that I'm terribly discouraged about this, it just never ceases to amaze me. It's been 10 years??? I can remember thinking I would NEVER live long enough for my dad to let me date! Craziness :)
Anyway, more than you want to know about what's going on with us, I'm sure. :) Hats off if you're even still reading. If you are though, I'll leave you with a story that's it's own reward (at least in my mind):
Today, Brynne told me she "had a baby in her belly". Then she said, "wanna see?" She pulled up her shirt, and then said "Oh no! The baby's not here. She ran away."
Fast forward to this evening, when we were talking on the phone. She told her Aunt there was a "baby in her belly", and my sister replied, "There is? How did that baby get there??" And Brynne says...
"She came from Target!"
Hee hee.
Comments
I'm so glad that you're feeling at home at church. I remember coming here and feeling the same way. In many ways our church has become our family. It stinks being far away from "real family" though. (We're 5+ hours from my parents and 4 hours from Greg's.)
I love your Brynne stories too. She's a funny girl. Can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Someday soon I'll be posting pictures of ours ... whenever the bank calls back so we can close!