Before and After

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. My family came, and it was SO GREAT. Even though my cat makes my sister sick (literally), Brynne never went to sleep on time (she slept for almost 3.5 hours today!), my brother wasn't able to come (sad face), and someone broke into our cars on Saturday night (bye 8g ipod nano...I hope whoever gets you loves Veggie Tales, Sesame Street, and the Donut Man!) it was a really GREAT holiday. It was heartbreaking to see them go, but hey, Christmas is coming soon, right?? :)

On another note.... I have now taken pictures of the "before" and the "after". So without further ado, here is our new house!!! (well, some of it anyway... :)

Starting with the bedrooms.....

MASTER BEDROOM (BEFORE):

AND AFTER:


BRYNNE'S BEDROOM (BEFORE):

AFTER:



As you can see, we had some serious 70's shag carpet going on. When we pulled it up, the pad had completely disintegrated. I actually vacuumed it up!
We also have a guest room, but I didn't take pictures for some reason? :)

LIVING ROOM (BEFORE):

AFTER:


KITCHEN (BEFORE):

AFTER:

Note: I do NOT recommend that you EVER paint your own cabinets, unless you have an insane amount of time to do so. Even so, I LOVE this room (and I am not sure why I didn't take the pictures from the same angle. Sorry :)

FIREPLACE/PLAY ROOM (BEFORE):

AFTER:

I LOVE THIS ROOM! :) Brynne calls it "her" living room. Ha.

We are so thankful for this house, and for all the people who put in ungodly (or in this case, godly) hours to make it livable for us. How wonderfully overwhelming it is! :)

Comments

Kristin Bedi said…
Everything looks so good! I love the fireplace room too. Your Christmas tree looks great!!!
Anonymous said…
i LOVE it, love it, love it!! Esp brynne's room since abby is partial to purple butterflies herself :) yeah, it really makes me want to visit soon but um....going to have to wait till we live a little closer! Sorry a/b the Ipod. Same thing happened to our vehicles a few months ago and i said the same thing a/b my ipod. lol gota love the psalty that was on it :) Love ya, Becca
Anonymous said…
i LOVE it, love it, love it!! Esp brynne's room since abby is partial to purple butterflies herself :) yeah, it really makes me want to visit soon but um....going to have to wait till we live a little closer! Sorry a/b the Ipod. Same thing happened to our vehicles a few months ago and i said the same thing a/b my ipod. lol gota love the psalty that was on it :) Love ya, Becca
What a great looking place you have! It looks very warm and inviting (the 'after' pictures, I mean).

Visiting with family is a balm for the soul for me now. We took them for granted when we lived close, but I treasure every moment we get to spend now. We'll be with our extended family for Christmas and I am so excited!

Sorry to hear about your ipod. I don't understand people.
Anonymous said…
Hey, the place looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
I absolutely love what you did with the house - it's so homey and looks like you've lived there for a lot longer than you have - which is a total compliment. I especially like the colors in Brynne's room - so sweet! Nice job!!
I'm very sorry your cars were vandalized - 'tis the season for scrooges, I guess. Maybe Santa will bring you a replacement iPod!

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months