Inspect and Freckles

We traveled over the holidays, and the driving time is several hours long. On our way home a couple days ago, we took one (of many) rest stops for "potty". At this particular stop, Brynne was not interested in trying to go. She had LOVED the special "toddler-sized" toilet at a previous rest stop and was on strike because this particular rest area had nothing of the sort. Wedged into a very small stall with her, I (rather politely, I might add) insisted that even if she didn't want to, she MUST TRY, because we were going to be in the car for a very long time. To which Brynne promptly answered:
"You are not showing me very much inspect right now, mom." (I think she meant respect, although I have NO CLUE where she even heard that word, and--HELLO! SHE'S TWO! What am I going to do when she's 13? Don't answer that :)


Brynne and her daddy have a special thing going lately. They've always been close, but they've been spending lots of time together building forts, wrestling, and playing princesses (one of my favorite moments over Christmas was standing upstairs listening to both daddy AND pop-pop trying desperately to put dresses on miniscule Cinderella and Belle, while Brynne gave directions :)
Anyway.
The other day I was putting Brynne in her car seat, and she said, "Mommy, I like your nipples."
A little taken aback, I said, "what?" Brynne grinned and said, "Oh! I mean your FRECKLES."
Aaron came out a minute later to load something into the trunk and Brynne said, "Daddy, I like your nipples." Aaron shot me a "what the heck??" look, and I said, "Oh daddy, she means your freckles. She likes your FRECKLES." He started to say "thank you", but Brynne very firmly said, "NO. I like daddy's freckles AND daddy's nipples".
Well, ok then :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
ok, i'm laughing so hard i'm almost crying...SO funny...and if she's already asking for 'respect" does she ask for "privacy" too like Abby does? she very forcefully shuts her door and says "give me my privacy!!" how will me manage the teen years?? ~ Becca

Popular posts from this blog

18 months

Sometimes life gives you lemons...PART 1

17 months